I have attached the scoreboard to the PVC pipe that I attached to the sides of the table. I used 1.25 inch diameter pipe and 90° elbows for the corners. To attatch the pipes to the table I used 2 bolts. To strap the scoreboard to the pipe I used 2 1.25 inch pipe brackets. I placed underneath those a half inch bolt spacer so that I can have access to the control panel on the top of the board.
Looking forward to using this at my fantasy football draft coming up in August!
Finished the box for the scoreboard.
I super glued the boards together using a hot glue gun.
I’m still going to be adding some graphics to it to make it look more realistic.
Here are my rough plans for the scoreboard. I found a board of masonite and traced out the pattern and cut it.
I will have more photos and commentary when I begin assembling the whole thing. Check back soon.
Finished the boards. I used electrical tape for the red and yellow parts. It worked out well although there are
parts I would like to fix.
Moving on to building the casing for the scoreboard.
I fixed one of the inferred sensors that had a lose connection. I wired them into the puck catcher and it now works.
I have finished the ads on the boards for the table. I used Gimp to edit the logos and printed them using a laser printer. I then glued them on with a spray glue from Walmart. You can find this spray at any hardware or craft store.
I then used red electrical tape for the top trim on the boards and covered all the wood with it that was showing from when I shortened the boards. It looks fantastic. I still need to find some thin yellow electrical tape I can use for the bottom.
I added the glass for now to just see how it will look.
I have begun painting the Winnipeg Jets division rival, the Chicago Blackhawks. I have gone a bit bruin what you can see here. I will have more pics up soon.