Supply list

20130130-180335.jpg
Recently I have been asked to make a list of all the products I used for this project.

First off I have to say read and follow all safety labels before using the products.

Now for the first part of the project I sanded down the bumps and mold crease. I used 150 grit all purpose sandpaper. Any brand for this will do.

For the next part I primed the players using Rust-Oleum “painters touch white primer”. It’s multi use and you get a nice thick coat.

20130130-181203.jpg
Next the brushes. I highly recommend getting small brushes. I bought 5/0, 3/0, 2/0, and 0. 5/0 is the smallest and I bought it at an art store here in Winnipeg called Artist Emporium. 3 bucks and it was worth it. The other 3 small brushes I got in a pack at Cellar Dweller hobby shop also in Winnipeg. Royal & Langnickel brushes are of good value and quality. I also got size 2, 4, and 6 for the surface of the table.

Now for the paints. I used two brands of enamel paints. Lets start with the Winnipeg Jets.

For the main part of the jersey I used Model Master “Blue Angel Blue”
For the blue trim on the jersey I used a mixture of Model Master “Ford & GM Engine Blue” and Testors “Flat Blue” in a mixture of 1:1.

Now the Canadians I used Testors “Gloss Dark Red” and “Dark Blue”.

Finally for both teams I used Testors “Wood” for the sticks. “Flat Black” for the skates. And “Cream” for there skin.

When that was all done and I added the decals I sealed them with Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear Gloss. I used this brand and type because if is decal paper friendly and can be used to seal the ink to the paper and to coat the players for protection.

20130130-183453.jpg
Finally when that was all done I added plain old 3m hockey tape for there sticks.

I hope this was helpful for anyone who wants to do a project like this. I will have updates on products I used as I go on.

Painting the Surface.

20130129-181326.jpg
I have begun painting the ice surface. I have started with the goal lines and blue lines. Next is the goal creases.

20130129-181723.jpg
All that I used for this was painters tape and a tape measure. As you can see it turned out good.

Winnipeg Jets Decals Done

20130114-072330.jpg

Finished off the Jets decals today. Not much to say about that. However, I began to clear coat the Canadians players and ran into one problem. The first two I put to much clear coat on at once. This caused some paint to peel in areas were there was less or no primer. So I have to redo two of the sticks and hopefully if I put light coats on the Jets players there will be no peeling.

Applying decals.

20130112-202313.jpg

Well I added the decals to the Montreal Canadian players. I printed the decals this morning.

20130112-202507.jpg
Then I sprayed 3 coats of Krylon acrylic Krystal Clear. This stuff is amazing. It’s used in order to seal the ink from the printer from water when applying the decal.

The next step for the Canadians players is to apply a protective layer of clear coat.

20130112-203029.jpg
As for the Jets players I need to add a white spot where the logo will go because the “white” decal paper appears dark in the middle part of the logo. This happens because the jerseys are dark blue. I will have pics when done.

Testing Decals

20130111-180558.jpg
I began the decal process. I started by printing logos which I scaled down using OpenOffice. I printed first using regular printing paper. Now this is a good note to self if you ever do this.: Test print first. There are a few good reasons to do this. First, Decal paper is crazy expensive. Second, you can make sure you scaled them down properly. Third, you can see if you need ink… I did. Fourth, you can reteach yourself to use scissors. Fifth, Just do it. I’ll be printing them on decal paper tomorrow. Should have picks.